Google+ Girls Game with Color: Dare to Dream - Ariel Eyeshadow Quad "Sea Darling" and "Sea Witch"Sea Review

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Dare to Dream - Ariel Eyeshadow Quad "Sea Darling" and "Sea Witch"Sea Review

Good Afternoon Gamer Girls!

Today I something new for this blog, and new for me, a make-up review!

I've wanted to do make-up reviews in addition to my normal nail polish reviews since I started the blog a couple years ago, and I figured when I came back it would be a great time to try it out.

Today I have two pieces from the Dare to Dream collection that is currently at Walgreens.  As I've mentioned before I am a bit of a Diz Geek, so I am always drawn in by these make-up collections featuring the girls.

I really like this new collection because it features not 1 Disney Princess but 3!  Pocahontas, Mulan, and Ariel are all featured with their own products in this collection.  I also really am liking this collection because it really has a little something for all make-up lovers.  There are creme highlighters, Lip Glosses, Eye Shadows, Face Pallets, Nail Polish, full Beauty Books, and Make-Up Bags!
Unfortunately, there are no brandings on any of the make-up items aside from mentioning that they are distrubted by Walgreens.  After a little googling I found that several other bloggers are saying that these are produced by Markwins, who is the owner of Wet n Wild.

Dare to Dream Eyeshadow Quads in "Sea Darling" and "Sea Witch"
Today I am going to focus on the two Eyeshadow Quads in Ariel's collection named Sea Darling and Sea Witch.
These retail for $3 a piece at Walgreens and on Drugstore.com.
Can a $3 pallet be all that great?

Click the read more button to see these pretty pallets!


Sea Darling

Sea Darling - Package Back
Sea Darling - Pallet
I just can't get over how cute the packaging is on these items!

Sea Darling - Open
Sadly, these colors are not named, but you can see that all of these colors are shimmery.  I was pleasantly surprised when I opened up the package to find that these are actually very nice shadows! Defiantly not the chalky consistency that a $3 pallet brings to mind! They do remind me a lot of the Wet n Wild textures.
Also kinda funny to note about the texture, as soon as I took this picture I accidentally put my nail right through the black color on the bottom there... but! It just took a tiny chunk out, it didn't crack or fracture, which I think speaks to how soft these colors actually are.

Sea Darling - Swatches, no primer
 I decided as a good test on these to try them with no primer at all just on bare skin.  They actually look just fine!  They come out of the pan very nicely, and not crumbly at all.  I loved the blue in the pan, but on my skin tone it turns into a more purple color.  I am hoping to get a little bit of that Pacific Blue back by using it over a white primer.

Sea Witch

Sea Witch - Package Back
Sea Witch - Pallet
Sea Witch - Open
This picture doesn't do this pallet as much justice as I feel like it should.  The top left color that is reading as white in every single picture that I took is actually a very very pale purple.  The other three colors have a really gorgeous blue shimmer to them.  You can see a bit of it in the picture on the black shade, but it just doesn't translate into photos very well.

Sea Witch - Swatches no primer
You can tell in the picture that the black shade is actually a little on the sheer side.  Again, the blue shimmer isn't as strong in this picture as it was to the naked eye.

Final Thoughts

I am really glad that I picked these two up!  For a $3 a pallet I feel like these are a really great deal, the colors are very pretty, and the formula is really nice.

At this price point, with this cute of packaging, I really feel like these are a great buy!  I hope they do more quad pallets for more of the girls soon!

What do you guys think of these Quads?

1 comment: