Google+ Girls Game with Color: Tri-Polish Challenge Week #4 - Red, Orange, and Yellow

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tri-Polish Challenge Week #4 - Red, Orange, and Yellow

A second challenge post in one day! Say it isn't so!

In my attempt to get caught up, I'm sharing my late challenge post entries.

This time it's my Tri-Polish Challenge for week 4! (Which should have gone up on 1/28/2014)
I'm kind of sad that this was my last Red, Orange, and Yellow post as I really love how these colors play together.  I think you can come up with such great combinations!


Click on the read more button to see what I did for my last January look!




The Polish

Tri-Polish Challenge week 4 bottles - light box
For this particular look I settled on Pure Ice Show Stopper, a really great bright yellow, Essie Saturday Disco Fever, and a new Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art pen in Red.

The Look

Tri-Polish Challenge week #4 - light box
So this look had a lot of firsts for me.  I have never used a nail art pen, and this is my first attempt at using stamping plates.

Let me pause right there and just say, stamping plates? A lot harder to do than I honestly thought they would be.  I'm a little embarrassed to say how long it took me to get this look down, and it still is pretty flawed, but I'm happy that I tried!

So what I ended up doing was 2 coats of Show Stopper as my base.  I then used Saturday Disco Fever as my stamping polish, which was stamped with Pueen Love Elements plate #29.  I love this plate set, it's gorgeous and I love the variety of images.  My only problem is that my nails are kinda tiny, so as an example this image is actually lace, but the full image won't fit on my nails.
To finish everything off I used the nail art pen to freehand draw on my french tips.

Overall, this look is ok.  From a distance it looked alright, but up close you can really see my stamping errors.  I think my next move will be to pick up some Konad stamping polish and see if that helps at all!



No comments:

Post a Comment