Google+ Girls Game with Color: Golden Oldie Thursday; Week Four! - Dots

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday; Week Four! - Dots

What a crazy whirlwind week it's been for this Gamer Girl, and honestly I am happy that it's almost over!

I had a big, stressful job interview first which entailed me getting prepared for it, I had a pretty dramatic hair change (I'm pretty sure it was about 8 inches that I lost!), 3 midterms and 2 quizzes for University, cleaning and redoing our storage here in the house, hosting a small Super Bowl party, and now waiting in stressed agony for the phone call back about the interview.

So anyway on to nail polish!  I've been so exhausted I haven't posted anything, I'm sorry about that.

So here is my Golden Oldies Thursday post that should have gone up on 1/30/2014!


Click on the read more button to see what I did!




The Polish

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out, CelebCity, and Gun Metal bottles - full sun
For this week I decided to go with an old stand by of mine, Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Black Out.  I'm honestly not sure when that particular bottle of Black Out was purchased, but I've had it for a long time, at least 4 years now.  It's really one of my most used polishes and is a true work horse color for me.  There may be better black cremes out there, but I just haven't wanted to try any others yet!  I think I'm now on my 3rd or 4th bottle and pretty soon I'm going to need to pick up another one.  Really great 2 coat black.
Celeb City and Gun Metal are colors that I picked up in my attempt to round out my restarted polish collections about 4 years ago.

The Look

GOT week 4 - full sun
For my dot look I decided to do overlapping dots of various colors.  I started with 3 coats of Celeb City (it's a little on the sheer side).  After that I used various sized dotting tools (including the back of one my clean up brushes) to form the dots.  In macro shots it does look a bit sloppy, but from normal viewing distance it was a pretty striking look. I received a lot of complements on this look, and it's so really simple to do!

So what happened to my GOT week 3 look? I finished it, photographed it, and started writing the post... but honestly?  It was such an appallingly awful manicure I just couldn't share it ^_^;; Sorry about that!


No comments:

Post a Comment