Google+ Girls Game with Color: Golden Oldie Thursday; Week Five! - Green

Monday, February 10, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday; Week Five! - Green

Happy Friday Gamer Girls!

I'm still feeling pretty under the weather, so I haven't been able to get much done today *edited to add: This whole weekend.  I didn't realize this post never went live on Friday whoops!  SO now that it's Monday, I'm still honestly feeling pretty awful... I hate getting sick!*  I've basically been sitting miserably in front of my computer in warm PJ's messing around with The Elder Scrolls Online beta test.  (Which is super fabulous let me just tell you.  The NDA is still active, so I can't actually *talk* about it yet, but I will say I will happily be throwing my money at it in April.)

Today I'm sharing with you all yesterday's last week's installment of my Golden Oldie's Thursday post, featuring Green as the theme this week!


Lets get to it, click the read more button to see what I did!




The Polish

GOT week 5 bottles - light box
I love green polish, it's probably some of my favorite things to wear.  For whatever reason I feel like it tends to work with my skin tone pretty well, and I feel like it's kinda edgy in a fun way.
For my two oldie polishes I knew that I would have several greens to choose from, and as is a pretty common theme for my really old polish I didn't have to look much further than my Sally Hansen drawer to find some 3+ year old stuff!
I went with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Mint Spirit, which I think was a 2011 purchase but it seems like I got it in 2010? Well regardless it's a very pretty minty teal green that is in the darker shade family.  Then we have Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lime Lights.  I swear I need to start keeping track of when I get polishes!  This is another shade that I don't quiet remember when I purchased it but I am fairly sure that it was in 2010.  Lime Lights is a very sheer shimmery shade of pale green.  I don't think you would ever be able to get this one opaque on it's own, and I remember being super disappointed with it when it came home with me.  I used to use this one a lot for layer, but it got put away in a drawer far out of reach so it hasn't been used much lately at all.  Poor dusty polishes, that's what GOT is for though!

The Look

Golden Oldies Challenge week 5: Green - desk lamp
For this particular look I ended up going for 3 coats of Lime Lights as a base.  There was definitely a lot of visible nail line going on still by my third coat.
I then stamped using Mint Sprint with my Pueen plate #37.  Where ever I read the tip to use fast dry nail polish for stamping, it's a great tip! I actually got consistently good stamping out of this polish! Yay for what I felt like was a stamping victory!  


No comments:

Post a Comment