Google+ Girls Game with Color: Golden Oldie Thursday; Week Two! - Stripes

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday; Week Two! - Stripes

Happy Thursday Gamer Girls, almost the weekend!  I can't wait for this weekend, Mr GGWC has been working a ton this week on a project for work so he has been home very little.  It will be nice to just hang around a little with him this weekend and just relax in the same room!

Today I bring you week two of the GOT challenge that I am doing with the other girls over at Crumpet's Nail Tarts.


This week we have to concur Stripes.  I'm actually a pretty big fan of stripes and taped manicures, so this one should be fun!




The Polish


For this day of the challenge I decided that I wanted to go with something that would end up having some fun contrast.  I picked out two different Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes, Blue It and Hot Magenta.
These are probably about 4 years old.  I know I bought them when I was working at my past job as a customer service phone representative.  I would do my nails when I was having a particularly bad day, which sadly was pretty frequently.  I also used to have a set of coloring books to help me relax... at first the other girls would tease me about them, but then everyone started coming to me asking if they could have page to color too!

The Look

GOT Week 2 - full sun
For my stripy look I ended up doing 2 coats of Hot Magenta as a base coat that I then let fully dry.  Once that was finished I took out my striping tape and laid down my rows.  I finished off with one coat of Blue it and a coat of Seche Vite.
Unfortunately, I don't think I pushed down firmly enough on my tape this time and kinda ended up with a hot mess on my middle finger.  So, if you use tape make sure to have something like an  orange stick handy to push those edges down with!

Sally Hansen Hot Magenta - full sun
I also wanted to share a picture of just Hot Magenta all by its self.  Isn't it so pretty?  This challenge is great for getting these poor neglected polish out and on the nail!  I mean, really we bought all of our old polish for a reason, right?  We must have loved it back then!  And in all likely hood we'll still love it now!

Have a safe Thursday everyone, and I'll see you guys back here tomorrow with a new post idea I have for Fridays!



3 comments:

  1. We used pretty similar colors for this!! I used Hot Shot and Stone Cold by Orly! Great Minds!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot woot! ^_^

      I looove Stone Cold, it's one of my favorite Orlys. =D

      Delete
  2. Love this manicure, the color combo is simply beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete