Google+ Girls Game with Color: Figure Fridays: Kotobukiya Bishoujo Wonder Woman

Friday, January 24, 2014

Figure Fridays: Kotobukiya Bishoujo Wonder Woman

Welcome to the first Figure Fridays post!

As the title of my little blog alludes to, I am a Gamer Girl myself.  I'm also into all sorts of nerdy, geeky, and otaku style loves.  So what does all this mean?  Well in addition to nail polish I am also a collector of geeky statues!
I decided that I wanted to share a little of my love affair of all things cute and PVC with you all on Fridays as a fun way to send off onto the weekend.  I hope you all enjoy this fun weekly trip away from nail polish.

Today I'm starting with a rather popular character Wonder Woman!



Click on the read more button for some information and a ton more pictures (as a warning this posts will be very picture heavy.)!



This particular inception of Wonder Woman is by the manufacturer Kotobukiya, which is a Japanese figure maker.  This particular line of statues is called the Bishoujo line, which is the Japanese term for "Beautiful Young Girl".  All the figures in this line are design by the illustrator Shunya Yamashita.  After he is finished making the illustration of whomever the figure will be (in his more anime bishoujo style) the illustration is then sculpted into these PVC statues.  Each statue in the Bishoujo line retails with an MSRP of $64.99

Wonder Woman that I will be showing you today is a very popular figure from the DC Comic book universe.  Developed and first debuting all the way back in 1941 she has turned into a bit of a female icon in the intervening years and tends to hold the hearts of even non-comic book loving fans the world over.  Kotobukiya came out with this statue in about April of 2011.  This is done in a 1/7th scale, and she measures right around 10 inches tall.

The Original Illustration

Wonder Woman by Shunya Yamashita

The Figure













Final Thoughs

I have to admit, I was never a big Wonder Woman fan at all, and honestly this statue was a pass for me when I was looking at them online.
Mr GGWC though saw it and wanted it, so for Christmas he ordered her with a giftcard.
And I totally loved her in person ^_^
It's funny how these statues can look completely different in person.


I hope you all enjoyed our first little toe dip into figures and statues! Please let me know what you thought of it in the comments.  Anything you would like to see more of?  Any information you would like me to include?

No comments:

Post a Comment