Google+ Girls Game with Color: Out of Character: Phoenix

Friday, July 26, 2013

Out of Character: Phoenix

Happy Friday Gamer Girls!

I hope everyone is having a nice Friday so far, and thank goodness the weekend is here.  I don't know why, but this week sure felt long to me.  I hope this weekend feels long as a return payment. ^_~

So for this Out of Character post I decided to focus on my love of Marvel.  I have been X-Men obsessed since I was a little girl.  I loved going to my local comic book store and browsing for as long as I was allowed to.  I had subscriptions to X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, and later Xtreme X-Men... and I collected so many other X-Men related titles.  I loved The Avengers and X-Force too, collecting particularly the issues with The Vision & Scarlett Witch in the former and Havok & Polaris in the latter.

With all of that being said, I basically have been a Marvel geek as long as I can remember.  I did have a favorite character too, and that was Phoenix (the original Jean Grey version).  In fact, my first Marvel action figure was a Phoenix figure that the owner of my favorite comic book store special ordered for me!  I still have her, but unfortunately couldn't find her to take a picture for this piece. :(

Phoenix Nail Art Polishes, A England Bridal Veil & Dragon - Natural Sunlight
To see the look, click on the read more button!

The Inspiration



Source
"Hear me, X-Men!
No longer am I the woman you knew!
I am fire and life incarnate!
Now and forever--
I am Phoenix!"

Source
(Also, might I mention how much I want this figure? She is so awesome!)

The Nail Art

Phoenix Nail Art - Natural Sunlight
Phoenix Nail Art - Natural Sunlight
For this look I used one coat of Dragon as my base.  I then taped off my middle finger and painted one coat of Bridal Veil to make my triangle.  To make my Phoenix symbol I freehand drew it on using my favorite Sharpie paint pen.  Once everything was dry I finished it off with a thick coat of Seche Vite.

Anyone else an X-Men fan?  You can bet I want to do a Dark Phoenix manicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment