Google+ Girls Game with Color: OPI Shatter Collection - Swatches and Reviews

Thursday, July 18, 2013

OPI Shatter Collection - Swatches and Reviews

I hope everyone's day has been a good one so far!

I'm pretty excited to see that the new season of Whose's Line is it Anyway started this week!  I think Mr GGWC and I will be sitting down to watch those tonight once he gets home from work. ^_^ Yay!

This afternoon I have an older set of polish to show you, the OPI Shatter Collection.

OPI Shatter Collection bottles - Natural Sunlight
Click the read more button for swatches and reviews!

Now I know, a lot of us big time lacquer lovers are so over shatter (or crackle, crack, etc).  Don't get me wrong, I'm kinda there too.  However, I know even recently when I have worn shatter polish out in the real world I get a ton of complements from random people.  I think this is one of those times were we are so up in the new trends that sometimes we lose sight of how interesting and really unique some of the looks we think of as "common place" are.
The second reason I am showing this set of polish is that a ton of people, myself included, have been finding these (and other brands) at Big Lots.  I picked these three up for $1.60 a piece just about a week ago.  OPI normally retails for $9 a bottle!  So, I figured it didn't hurt to try some new shatters and see how I felt!

Gold Shatter

OPI Gold Shatter bottle - Natural Sunlight
Gold Shatter is actually a very pretty true gold color, it leans more antique-y looking than leaning yellow like a lot of golds can.  I actually wish so much that this was just a normal foil polish but, nothing you can do to change that!

I used 1 very thin coat of Gold Shatter over Essie Bond with Whomever.  This one shattered very nicely for me, and I actually liked it on a lot more than I thought I would.  I think the shade of gold really helped.

OPI Gold Shatter - Natural Sunlight
OPI Gold Shatter - Natural Sunlight

Pink Shatter

OPI Pink Shatter bottle - Natural Sunlight
Pink Shatter is a shimmery pink magenta.  The polish it self is actually pretty thin, so that vivid color in the bottle didn't really show up for me on the nail.

I used 1 thin coat of Pink Shatter over Nicole by OPI Paparazzi Don't Preach.  This also shattered very easily and nicely for me.  I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that the formula for this polish is so thin.

OPI Pink Shatter - Natural Sunlight
OPI Pink Shatter - Natural Sunlight
OPI Pink Shatter - Shade


Silver Shatter

OPI Silver Shatter bottle - Natural Sunlight
Silver Shatter is a gorgeous cool toned silver with a foil finish.  I am a huge lover of silver; It's easily one of my favorite colors, and I love wearing it as a polish.  This is also one I wish was just a regular polish and not a shatter.

I used 1 thin coat of Silver Shatter over A England Dragon.  I really wanted to love this one as a shatter but the polish was thicker than the other two and didn't shatter very well for me.

Silver Shatter - Natural Sunlight
Silver Shatter - Natural Sunlight
Silver Shatter - Shade


So how do I feel about shatters after this blast from a few years ago?

I'm still not ready to jump back into doing a full shattered mani, but I do love to have the option if I so choose to.  And at $1.60 a bottle you really can't complain.

My favorite from this grouping would easily be Gold Shatter, if you don't already have one like it I would highly recommend checking out your local Big Lots to see if you can snag a bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment