Google+ Girls Game with Color: Mint Manis for Talia Joy

Friday, July 19, 2013

Mint Manis for Talia Joy

Good Morning everyone!

I'll be delaying the normal Friday Out of Character post today for something a little different.

Just this week our beauty community lost a sweet blogging girl, Talia.

You can watch Talia's videos here and check out her Instagram here.  I loved looking at her pictures, she seemed so fun and bubbly!  She was so strong and I feel like she was, and will continue to be an uplifting figure.

Nicole, over at Nail Polish Wars posted on Wednesday the invitation to take part in doing Mint Manis in honor of Talia's final instagram photo, a really lovely picture of her Mom, Sister, and herself wearing a pretty mint polish. She also asked that we use the #MintManisForTaliaJoy and #TaliasLegacy tags.

Source




For my take on the mint manicure I decided to go with some of my mint Essie Polishes.

Essie Mint Candy Apple, Essie Naughty Nautical, and Essie Where's my Chauffeur - Natural Sunlight
I also used a paint pen in my look, I used this one from Sharpie.

Mint Mani for Talia - Desktop Lamp
I ended up using Mint Candy Apple as my base and did a sponge gradient using Mint Candy Apple and Where's my Chauffeur.   Once that dried I used a small heart stencil and filled in the hearts using Naughty Nautical.  After that dried I used my paint pen to outline all my hearts and finally freehanded the gold ribbon on my ring finger to represent awareness for childhood cancer.

One of the things that has struck me this week would be Talia's bucket list, and the one that has stuck with me the most is #41.

Be Loved.

I think Talia, you were greatly loved... both by those that knew you well and those that wished they had.

I think this is an easy one for us all to do in her honor.  Go out there today and be loved, go out there today and love someone else.

********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment