Google+ Girls Game with Color: Essie Resort 2013: In the Cab-ana - Swatches and Reviews

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Essie Resort 2013: In the Cab-ana - Swatches and Reviews

Happy Monday everyone!

Erm... actually now it's WEDNESDAY.  So my lovely Gamer Girls, what has Callie learned about Blogging in the last few weeks?

1) Write blogs in advance so that in case illness happens there will be content to post. Check!
2) When using Facebook, try to remember which account you are logged into so that you don't accidentally use the wrong one to post as. Check! (after making that mistake 3 times, D'oh!)
2) When scheduling posts in advance make sure to double check the date they will be posting. Er... not so check. ^_^;; Le'sigh.  So in that case I think I might be having 2 posts a day go live the rest of the week since I had 5 for this week!

Anyway, back to the review...

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I have a super fun collection for you guys today that I hope puts everyone into a festive summer mood! I love this little four piece collection so much, I think it has some really great colors for summer.

The Essie Resort 2013 Collection, In the Cab-ana!

Essie Resort 2013 Collection - Natural Sunlight
Click the read more button for swatches and reviews!



Come Here!

Come Here! bottle - Natural Sunlight
"Oh, loverboy...!
Outrageously outspoken, this nearly neon coral nail polish makes it perfectly clear:
nobody does it better."-Essie.com

Come Here! is toeing the line looks wise of a neon, but thankfully no chalky formula will be found here.  I found that the formula felt like my other Essie cremes do and covered in 2 coats.
I was really pleased to see a coral shade that worked with my skintone.  Corals, much like reds for me, don't tend to work, but this shade made me even look a little tan.

Come Here! - Natural Sunlight
Come Here! - Shade

First Timer

First Timer bottle - Natural Sunlight
"Fresh. Fun. Fabulous.
Try something totally unexpected like adorable newbie green.
You'll want to do it again and again." -Essie.com

Already calling it, First timer is my favorite out of this collection.  I think the shade of green is amazing, the formula is again fabulous, and I think it's actually quite unique!
I love this one so much I've actually already worn it at least 3 times since I picked it up, which I'm sure any of you girls with a lot of polish know means a lot!  I'm thinking I might need to make sure to get a back up of this for my collection.
Again, this is a two coater with the expected Essie creme formula.

First Timer - Natural Sunlight
First Timer - Shade

In the Cab-ana

In the Cab-ana bottle - Natural Sunlight
"In the car or at the beach,
this self-assured aqua azure lacquer gives good nail -
wherever the opportunity arises."-Essie.com

I do love this color, but I have to admit out of all of the descriptions from this collection this is the only one that actually makes me cringe a little.  I know, I know, it's all a little tongue in cheek and all in fun... but for some reason... ^_^;;
In the Cab-ana is a bit dustier in person than it photographed, but not as dusty as something like OPI's Can't Find my Czechbook.  When I first saw this one in person I thought it would look a lot like Essie's Where's my Chauffeur, but that one actually leans a lot more green than Cab-ana does.
As with all the others in this post I'm showing this one at 2 coats.

In the Cab-ana - Natural Sunlight
In the Cab-ana - Shade

Under Where?

Under Where bottle - Natural Sunlight
"Sure, you can play innocent.
Coyly bend him to your will in wildly flirtatious orchid.
He's putty in your hands."-Essie.com

Under Where? is a very pretty pink leaning orchid purple.  Unfortunately for it, this is the Spring/Summer of light purples.  I love it, but I feel like I would have loved it more if I hadn't seen a shade like it in a lot of companies releases lately.  Even Essie themselves have given us three light purples in a row: Go Ginza from Spring's collection, Under Where? from this collection, and Full Steam Ahead from Summer's collection.  In terms of color, Under Where? falls right in between the two with Ginza being the lightest and Full Steam being the darkest.
Again, the formula can't be beat on this collection.  2 coats are shown, however you may be able to get away with only applying one on any of these colors.

Under Where? - Natural Sunlight
Under Where? - Shade

Some Resort Nail Art!

Resort 2013 nail art - Natural Sunlight

For this look I started with two coats of Come Here! Then I took some blue painters tape and placed it on a sheet of wax paper and cut out designs using scrap booking scissors. (I found mine at Target)
Taking my tape I placed the line at an angle and then used one coat of each In the Cab-ana, First Timer, and Under Where? to cover my tips.  After I let it dry for awhile I used a thick coat of Seche Vite to top everything off.

I didn't intend to but for some reason this makes me think of music!

No comments:

Post a Comment