Google+ Girls Game with Color: 4th of July Nail Art 2013: Featuring Julie G and OPI

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

4th of July Nail Art 2013: Featuring Julie G and OPI

Hi everyone!

I adore the 4th of July. It's tied as my favorite holiday with Halloween.
It's always been a special day, my family always used to travel up to Bishop California every year to watch the fireworks show at the old air strip.  It was magical, and also highly dangerous lol ^_^;; They used to blow up drums of gasoline and they would make these really awesome looking flame mushroom clouds... yeeeeaaah, I don't think you would be able to get away with that anymore! ^_^

The 4th of July is also a super special day now because it was the day Mr GGWC proposed to me!

I love doing festive nails for holidays!

Today I am going to be sharing a look I have done with some gorgeous textured polishes!

Julie G Blueberry Fizz, Julie G Hot Cinnamon, and OPI Solitaire
Click the read more button to see how I used these colors!



I have to start by saying, I am in love with the sparkling texture look that have been coming out.  I think it looks beautiful on, it gives some great visual interest, and its so much easier to take off than glitter!

I used two shades from the Julie G Gumdrops line by Jessie's Girl Cosmetics.  I think it's one of my favorite textured collections to come out, and I will have a review up for it soon.  I ended up using Julie G Blueberry Fizz and Julie G Hot Cinnamon.

In addition to my Julie G's I used OPI Solitaire from The Bond Girls lineup (also a review will be coming soon on those!).

So, on with it I hear you say!  Here is the look!

4th of July Nail Look, Natural Sunlight (overcast)

Unfortunately, even though we have been in the triple digits all week out here in Southern California I couldn't believe my luck when I went outside to take my pictures and it's cloudy outside!!!

4th of July Nail Look, Natural Sunlight with Flash (overcast)

For this look I used Hot Cinnamon on my index finder, Solitaire on my ring finger, and Blueberry Fizz on my pinkie.  These are all at two coats of polish.  For my middle finger I free-handed the diagonal stripes starting with the red, moving to white, and then finally finishing with the blue.

I love how each color in this look has it's own texture! It's a simple manicure look, but it is still visually interesting.

Then.... I just had to top coat it!

Now my trick for top coating is to use one coat of a matte topper (I like Revlon's for this purpose).  Once that is completely dry I top it off with a thick coat of Seche Vite.  After it dries your texture polish should be as smooth as glass!

4th of July Nail look - Top Coated, Natural Sunlight

What do you think? ^_^

Any fun plans for the 4th of July?  Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment