Google+ Girls Game with Color: 4th of July Nail Art 2013 (Take Two!): Featuring Sinful Colors

Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July Nail Art 2013 (Take Two!): Featuring Sinful Colors

Hi everyone!

Happy 4th of July to my USA readers!  I hope you have awesome plans for the day!  We will have to see what Mr GGWC and I end up doing, our original plans kinda fell through ;_;
On the brighter side, we ended up getting a killer deal on new tires for my car today. Kinda random I know to get tires on the 4th of July, but whatev right? ^_^

On to the nail look for today!

I wanted to try and make a second look for the 4th of July.  I love how creative you can get with just the colors red, white, and blue on the nail!

Sinful Colors GoGo Girl, Endless Blue, and Snow Me White - Natural Sunlight
Click the read more button for the nail art...




4th of July Nail Look (take 2) - Natural Sunlight
For this look I only used three Sinful Color polishes: GoGo Girl, Endless Blue, and Snow Me White.
I love me some Sinful polish, its normally priced at $1.99 and is frequently on sale for even less than that.

Starting with my pinkie nail I painted the whole nail with one coat of Snow Me White.  I then used two pieces of stripping tape to make the chevron shape (I took some insperation from a half moon manicure).  Once I had everything taped I used GoGo Girl to paint the tip and Endless Blue to paint towards the cuticle.  I then took a small dotting tool and make some dots with Snow me White over my blue.
Now that I see this in pictures this nail reminds me so much of Wonder Woman! ^_^

For my ring ringer I started with two coats of GoGo Girl then I used more stripping tape and painted over it with Endless blue.  After waiting for it to be really dry I used two stencils from a sticker set that I had in my supplies and made the stars using Snow Me White.  This nail was inspired by a really cute look that I saw over on Chalk Board Nails a little while ago.

My middle ringer was a challenge... I started with one coat of Snow Me White.  I then tried water marbling so many times I lost count.  I wanted a pretty wavy look :(

The next nail, my index, is just a really simple dotted look. Two quick coats of Snow Me White follow by a larger sized dotting tool.

Part of me wishes I had just done my thumb look for the whole mani! I loved it so much.  I started with 2 coats of Snow Me White.  Using pieces of stripping tape I made my blue section and my red stripes.  Finally using my dotting tool again I made my little white dots.  This look was inspired by a manicure that I saw on All Lacquered Up.
Seeing pictures makes me realize how much I need to practice dotting with my left hand ^_^;;

4th of July Look (take 2) - Natural Sunlight

I hope every one has a great 4th of July.  Stay safe, eat yummy food, and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment